Friday, August 31, 2012

Jen in Honduras- August Newsletter

                                                                               
 August Newsletter
Short term teams!

Well I arrived in Honduras! And within an hour of me arriving 2 short-term teams from the states did as well. The past 3 weeks have been filled with 6 (YES 6!) short-term teams. The first week I was here there were 2 dentists visiting so we hosted clinic 2 days in the community of La Fe and 2 days in the community of Armenia Bonito. I spent the week translating for the dentists and when it was slow playing with kids who were hanging around.

Dental Clinic in the community of La Fe
 

The second week we had a brigade of medical students so again we hosted clinic 4 days that week in La Fe and Armenia Bonito. I translated, helped to do patient intake, and of course played with the kids J I also got to know one of the girls who lives at Puerta de Esperanza the house for young single moms. Carolina helped us with clinic all week. She is 19 and has a 10 month old baby boy named William. They are both precious and Carolina loves to help and to serve others.
 

Hanging out with kids during a break from clinic in La Fe

This past week (our last week of hosting teams for the summer) was a “normal” week (which simply means we had no dentist or doctors). I was able to go to Kid’s Club (something similar to Good News Club or VBS) in both La Fe and Armenia Bonito. I was blown away by how much the kids are learning and understanding about Christ and the gospel.

My long lost daughter in the community of Armenia Bonito (who knew?)
 

Prayer Requests:

·         Pray for my financial needs. I am currently at 83% of my support so I am lacking about $250 per month.

·         Pray for wisdom and guidance as I try to figure out now that short term teams are gone what exactly my ministry here will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment