Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Old sins die hard

Yesterday was a frustrating day. There is no other way to put it. I was reminded time and time again how inadequate my Spanish was. I was hot, frustrated, and in a bad mood- and this made me in a worse mood because even in the moment when it was happening I saw my sin in it. BUT it was good because God is teaching me that his grace is sufficient and is continually challenging my need to be a perfectionist(old sins die hard). He reminded me that he will provide for my needs as he always has. So all of that being said pray for me. Yesterday I saw the first glimpse of culture shock that I've had since arriving in Honduras. Pray for my Spanish definitely but more importantly for my walk with the Lord and that I would look to him in my weaknesses.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that you have had such frustration, but I am certain that it will grow you... I know I am having much frustration already this school year with things that have always come easy to me.... My attitude needs to remain on only the positive and I have not been, but I am praying to be better... so I will keep you in my prayers and please keep me in yours, Mary

    ReplyDelete