Friday, August 3, 2012

Bittersweet

So today was my last full day in Costa Rica. Hard to believe I fly out in the morning! It is really cool to look back and see God's faithfulness over the past 2 months. Before leaving the states my time in Costa Rica was what I was most worried about. I was anxious about living with a Costa Rican family, about not knowing anyone here, and about learning the language. God continually teaches me that he will provide all my needs and I have no reason to be anxious. There have definitely been moments of struggle here but the past few weeks especially I have grown closer to people and I'm not going to lie it was hard to say goodbye and is hard even to type this now. All day I have been dreading our graduation program we had earlier and knowing that I would have to leave these people behind. Some one asked me at graduation if I was excited to get to Honduras and I answered honestly and said no (you can do that with real friends). Then I got home and there was an email with the schedule for the next few weeks. Immediately God used that to remind me why I am here and to get me even more excited than I was when I first left home. So now I am excited and ready to be in Honduras TOMORROW!!
Pray for my transition to Honduras and continually for my Spanish!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So you now are a well spoken person even in Espanol! I am glad that your adventure has been more than you caould imagine and am sure this is the beginning! Take care! My prayers go with you! Mary

    ReplyDelete