Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I made it to Honduras!!

So I have been in Honduras for 4 days now and I am loving it! Right now we have 2 short term teams a few of which are dentist who are holding a free dental clinic in 2 of the communities. I spent the last 2 days in the community of La Fe helping to translate for the dentist and also for some of the other short term team members. Can I just say that my Spanish is better and worse than I thought it was! Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised when someone asks me how to say something and I know! Other times I have no idea how to say the simplest things and end up spending several minutes talking around the word I don't know. Hence, "entiende" (Understand?) is part of my daily vocabulary. This morning some of the short term team held Kid's Club with the children in La Fe and they made the salvation bracelets with the colored beads. Later I saw a few of the kids with them on and was asking them about the different colors and what they stood for. It was amazing how well the kids understood! One little girl I was talking to knew all the colors and more than just telling me what they stood for she was explaining each one in detail and was able to answer questions when I asked her! This afternoon dental clinic was super slow so I read with my 2 new friends Naomi and Allison and then later got to meet their mother. The people in this community are super grateful and happy just to have us there to play with their kids.
Pray for the next 3 weeks. We have the last of the short term teams for the summer (6 in all) so we are super busy. Pray for endurance and strength, especially for my teammates who are 2 months into having short term teams.
Pray that would continue to adjust well to Honduras and for my Spanish.
Pray that dental clinic the next 2 days in the other community of Armenia Bonita would go well and that we would have lots of patients.
Pray for my support. I am still not at 100%.
If you would like to give online go here: https://donations.mtw.org/donate/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment