Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bible Study with Y

Friday I did Y's weekly book study with her. She is reading the book "Lies that Young Women Believe". She was engaged in the book and since the book in Spanish several times we just died laughing because there were words that neither of us knew the definition of. She is still in the first few chapters and the book is talking about Eve and how all the lies that women believe go back to the first lie that the first women believed from Satan in the garden. The book quoted Psalm 119:11 "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." When the Psalm was quoted she immediately said, we have to look that up and she found it in her Bible. She made me read the entire Psalm outloud (which was a little painful to hear me reading in Spanish :) When I had finished she said "that's beautiful, I love it". And later when Shannon came over she read the verse to her. It's encouraging to see her excited about God's word and applying the book to her life. Even in the 2 months that I've been here I can see a change in her. She's joyful and pleasant to be around and I am excited to get to spend more time with her!
On a completely unrelated note when I got ready to leave later in the day it was like 1:45 and I hadn't eaten lunch yet so I said I have to go I'm so hungry. Well the house mom heard me and was giving me a hard time for not telling her when I got there at 12:30 that I hadn't eaten lunch yet. Y interjects and says "yeah, here at Puerta de Esperanza (which means door of hope) we have hope for food and for water". Several times a day a think, 'This is my job? I love it!' My time yesterday with Y was one of those times:)

No comments:

Post a Comment