Thursday, October 11, 2012

Up, up, up

The babies at Puerta de Esperanza are learning simple sign language and English. E, who will be 2 in December, knows the most sign language. He knows the signs for "more", "please", and "thank you". When he wants something but you tell him no he signs, 'more please' really fast. It doesn't matter what it is, it could be a toy, water, or my cell phone. He thinks "more please" equals give me what I want.
J on the other hand who knows the most English (as a result of Shannon and I really only speaking to her and the other 2 babies in English),  knows if she wants someone to pick her up she has to say "up". In J language that means the same as signing "more please" to E. J says "up" for anything she wants. She wanted a magnet off the fridge the other day so what did she say? "up, up, up" over and over again until I handed her the magnet. Did I also mention J says "wuv you". Melts my heart every time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment