Monday, October 22, 2012

A Day of Firsts

So today I drove in Honduras for the first time! Shannon says to me, "Today is a great day for you to drive because I think all the lights are working" (as in all the stop lights in town, yes folks that's a rare thing. A stop light we go through daily was out for several weeks when it went out.)
Another first tonight: I was at Puerta de Esperanza and little J comes running through the house yelling, "Jenny, Jenny, Jenny". Today is first time I've ever heard her call me by name. She is developing such a little personality and is less of a baby and more of a little girl every time I see her.
 Little W was being super cute tonight too. He wanted a sip of my water, so I was trying to get him to do sign language for "please" (you rub your hand on your chest). He watched me with a "you must be crazy" look for a few seconds then rubbed his hand on MY chest, not his. He then looked at C and I confused when we were laughing at him.
Continue to be in prayer for my relationships with these girls, for C and for Y. That language wouldn't be a barrier and that I would be able to show them grace and love and most of all more of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment