Monday, June 18, 2012

Reckless Abandon

This week at school is Spiritual Emphasis Week (I know, cool, right?) so we have a guess speaker who is speaking every morning during our hour break and again every afternoon. His name is David Sitton and he was a missionary for many years to the unreached people of Papua New Guinea, the founder of To Every Tribe (a missons organization to unreached people), and the author of several books including his newest "Reckless Abandon".
One thing he said this morning that really stood out to me was that God could have in the blink of an eye called the nations to himself. He could have chose to use angels (who would have been far less argumentative and wouldn't cling to their comforts or try to bargain with God, they would have been obedient) but he didn't. He instead chooses to use his children for missions and to reach the world. This is very humbling and leaves me in awe of the awesome God I serve. He chooses to use me even though it isn't the easist way. Missions is not to be viewed as an obligation or duty, but a priveledge. I am not needed yet God chooses and desires to use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment