Thursday, June 7, 2012

Final Update before I fly!


Hello Friends!

Well, the time has finally arrived! I fly out of Charlotte on Saturday to arrive in Costa Rica in time for my language classes that start on Monday! I am super excited about the “big move” and even more excited to see all the Lord is going to do. Pray for me as I navigate unfamiliar airports alone (I have a layover in Dallas).

I am currently at about 78% of my support! This means I still need about $3,800 more by the time I arrive in Honduras in the beginning of August in order to be able to effectively do ministry there. The Lord has continued to surprise me through this entire process and I have no doubt that he will raise the remaining funds. He never calls us without providing the means necessary. With that being said, I have exhausted my known resources (though not his) so if any of you are considering supporting me I would urge you to really spend time in prayer about it and to give joyfully and sacrificially. And if you know of anyone who has a heart for missions and may be interested in giving either one time or monthly forward this info along!

Please pray that language wouldn’t be a barrier and that I would pick up on Spanish quickly so that I am able to effectively serve the Lord in Honduras. Pray that my time in Costa Rica wouldn’t be overwhelming and that I would look to the Lord as my source of comfort. And also pray that through this whole process more of Christ and of his grace and provision would be revealed both to me and others.

Thanks for all your prayers and support!

In Christ,

Jennifer

“And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages should serve him.”    –Daniel 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment