Monday, June 11, 2012

Mio


Well, I've made it to Costa Rica! And as proof all of my google toolbar is in Spanish. You wouldn't beleive how long it took me to figure out which button to hit to type a new post (and I am still not confident as I type this that it will post like I think it will)! The family I am staying with is awesome! The mom is a few years older than me and is raising her 3 year old son, Ian. Ian and I are destined to be best friends, I know it! He is my motivation to learn Spanish. Within an hour of me arriving he already taught me a new word, "mio". Any guesses as to what that means? Well he's three so of course his favorite word is "mine".

It was fitting that I learned the word "mio" last night and then this morning went to church (in spanish) and the sermon was on Abraham and Isaac and was entitled "Mio o Suyo?" "Mine or Your's?" The pastor at the end of the sermon asked what you were holding onto as yours, "Como tienes esperar?" "What do you have to give?" It hit me just now as I finished taking my cold shower that I am still, despite coming here and despite how God continually proves his faithfulness, holding onto my comfort. I still feel entitled to certain things like showers and water I can drink and a long list of other things. I still feel that God owes me something or that I deserve something. Despite the fact that God already gives me things I don't deserve through his grace daily, like a host family that speaks English, internet access in my room, and the opportunity and calling to be here now, doing what I am doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment