Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Westminster Presbyterian comes to Honduras!

I'm so excited that my college church got to come to Honduras for a short-term missions trip. It was great to catch up with friends, have some familiar faces around, and show them my ministry here..and as an added bonus go to Copan with them! 

The girls are always excited to have visitors, especially Y when she is able to give pedicures:)

You feel less guilty about having people hold screaming babies when they are friends:) Just kidding Katie and Amy seem to be enjoying the momentarily quiet 'twins' of the house.

These guys had brought a ton of good clothes for the used clothing store so we went to drop them off and Amy posed for a picture with the girls who work in the store and Y!

Again I emphasis, momentarily quiet baby:) Really guys they had a tough day at Puerta de Esperanza:)

William, or should I say Pastor Jim, found a new friend

They even got to spend some time with the Peter Project boys and make balloon animals 

Before the team came I had told the girls that this was my church coming and that one of the people coming was a girl that I babysat in college. The first words out of each of their mouths as they met the team was "which one is the one you babysat?" Well, here she is, sweet Ams.....they were all incredulous that just a few years ago I had been her babysitter (and the best one I might add:)

And at last the added perk of your church coming to visit...getting to travel 8 hours to Copan to the Mayan ruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment