Monday, November 19, 2012

Honduran sights for the day

So today several things happened that had me question where I was. Most days its just my life so I don't really realize when things are a little different than in the States. Today however...
1. Saw a sign today for a "Black Friday Sale", yep in English and in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving yet they are going to have a day-after-Thanksgiving sale??
2. Heard in a department store an elevator music version of the Prince song "Purple Rain"(again hmm....)
3. We were checking out at the pharmacy today when my phone ring so I handed Y the wallet to pay, thinking she would take some cash out and pay. I return to see that not only has she used a credit card that isn't hers but she is signing(and by signing I mean printing) the receipt...with her name?? Neatly written on the signature line of the receipt, under where it has printed Shannon's name, is Y's name.
4. We were at the pharmacy to buy lice treatment, which they sold us, but they don't sell the comb to go with it...you have to go to small corner store to find those????

But its on days like this when the car breaks down with both Y, C, and another girl in the car and we spend the whole time waiting on someone to come and rescue us laughing and joking that I have to stop and think, is this really my job? I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment